Consumer information on the basis of Government Decree 45/2014 (II.26.)
1. Information on Customers’ right of withdrawal
In accordance with Article 20 of Government Decree 45/2014 (II.26), consumers are entitled, without any justification, to withdraw from the contract before the deadline specified in section 1.1.2 of the present document.
1.1.2. Consumer's rights of withdrawal under the GTC
a) if there is a sale-and-purchase agreement for the product,
within fourteen days from the acceptance of
aa) the product
ab) the product delivered last, when, in the case of purchasing several products, delivery of the individual products is scheduled to different dates,
ac) in the case of goods consisting of several lots or pieces, the last lot or piece delivered,
(ad) where the goods are to be supplied regularly within a specified period, the first supply shall be
by Consumer or a third party specified by them (other than the carrier).
The provisions included in the present section do not affect Consumer’s right to enforce the right of withdrawal specified in this section during the period between the signature of the contract and the acceptance of the product, too.
1.1.3 Withdrawal statement, enforcement of the right of withdrawal or termination due to Consumer
Consumers can enforce their right Stated in Article 20 of Government Decree 45/2014 (II.26.) through an unambiguous statement of it, or using the statement form that can be downloaded from this website, too, and sending it to the address below: (Email address); (postal address).
Withdrawal statement form
To: (Name of company)
As undersigned, I declare/we declare that I will enforce/we will enforce my/our right of withdrawal/termination regarding the sale and purchase of the following product(s) or provision of the following service(s):
Date when the contract was signed:
Name of Consumer(s):
Address of Consumer(s):
Signature of Consumer(s): (only for a paper-based statement)
1.1.4 Validity of Consumer’s withdrawal statement
The right of withdrawal shall be considered enforced by the deadline if Consumer sends their statement before the deadline specified in section 1.1.2 of this document or Article 21 of Government Decree 45/2014.
It is Consumer’s responsibility to show evidence of having enforced their right of withdrawal in accordance with this provision.
Having received Consumer’s withdrawal statement, Seller shall confirm it via electronic media.
1.2 Seller’s obligation in case of Consumer’s withdrawal
1.2.1 Seller’s obligation of reimbursement
If Consumer withdraws from the contract in accordance with Article 22 of Government Decree 45/2014 (II.26.), Seller shall reimburse the full amount – including costs associated with the performance, such as delivery costs – paid by Consumer as remuneration, within fourteen days after having become aware of the withdrawal. Please note that this provision does not apply to individual deliveries as per section 1.2.3 of this consumer information document.
1.2.2 Method of reimbursement by Seller
In the case of withdrawal of termination in accordance with Article 22 of Government Decree 45/2014, (II.26.), Seller shall reimburse the sum due to Consumer by the same method that was used by Consumer. Seller may use other methods for the reimbursement upon expressed agreement by Consumer, but no extra charges may burden Consumer as a result of this. Seller shall not assume any responsibility for any delay due to an error in accuracy of the bank account number or postal address provided by Consumer.
1.2.3 Additional expenses
If the consumer expressly chooses a mode of transport other than the least costly usual mode of transport, for example in the case of individual transport as defined in the general terms and conditions of the GTC, the Seller is not obliged to reimburse the additional costs resulting from this. In such a case, we shall be obliged to reimburse up to the amount of the general transport rates indicated.
1.2.4 Right of retention
Seller is entitled to retain the amount specified under section 1.2.2 of this document until Consumer returns the product, or indisputably proves that they have sent it back; whichever of these two takes place earlier. We cannot accept products sent by the collect on delivery method.
1.3 Consumer’s obligations in the case of withdrawal or termination
1.3.1 Returning a product
If Consumer withdraws from the contract in accordance with Article 22 of Government Decree 45/2014 (II.26.), they need to send it back without delay, but no later than within fourteen days from the communication of the withdrawal, to Seller or to the person authorized by Seller to receive it, by a carrier specialized in the transportation of furniture, in packaging that protects it from injury. Return qualifies as completed by the deadline if Consumer sends the product back before the deadline expires.
1.3.2 Bearing of costs related to the return of the product
Costs of returning the product shall be borne by Consumer. The product shall be returned to the address (address) of Seller. (adress) kell visszaküldeni.
1.3.3 Consumer’s liability for depreciation
Consumer shall be liable for any depreciation resulting from use beyond the nature, properties and necessary operation of the product.
1.3.4 Disqualification for the right of withdrawal
Seller strictly warns you that you cannot enforce your right of withdrawal in the cases specified in section (1) of Article 29 of Government Decree 45/2014 (II.26.), especially in cases specified in subsections “c” and “e”: “in the case of non-pre-manufactured products that were made upon the Consumer’s instructions or specific request, or products that were customized to the Customer”, or “products in closed packaging that cannot be returned after opening them following handover due to healthcare or hygiene related reasons”.
2. Guarantee, warranty, implied warranty and product warranty
2.1 Information on the right for implied warranty and the right for guarantee
This section of the consumer information has been created on the basis of the authorization by section (3) of Article 9 of Government Decree 45/2014 (II.26.), and by the application of Annex (3) of Government Decree 45/2014 (II.26.).
2.1.1 Implied warranty
What are the cases when you can enforce you right for implied warranty?
According to the provisions of the Civil Code, you can make an implied warranty claim in the case of default by Seller.
What are your rights on the basis of your implied warranty claim?
You can choose from the following implied warranty claims:
You can request repair or replacement, unless the claim you choose is impossible to enforce, or it would mean disproportionally high additional costs for Seller in comparison with enforcing other claims. If you did not or could not request replacement, then you can ask for the proportional reduction of remuneration, or, you can repair the product yourself, or have it repaired at Seller’s expense, or as a last resource, you can withdraw of the contract.
You can shift from your chosen right for implied warranty to another one, but you shall bear the expense of it, unless it was justified or necessitated by Seller.
What is the deadline for enforcing your claim for implied warranty?
It is your obligation to report the defect immediately after becoming aware of it, but no later than within two months after discovering it. Please note, however, that after the two-year forfeiture deadline from the completion the contract, you cannot enforce your implied warranty claim.
Against whom can you enforce your implied warranty claim?
You can enforce your implied warranty claim against Seller.
What other conditions does the enforcement of your rights for implied warranty have?
There are no other conditions for enforcing your implied warranty than communicating the defect within six months from delivery if you can justify that the product or service was provided by Seller. After six months from delivery, however, you yourself need to prove that the defect you identified was already present at the time of delivery.
2.1.2 Product warranty
When can you enforce you right for product warranty?
In the case of defects of movables (products) – based on your choice – you can enforce your right specified under section 2.1.1, or your right for product warranty.
What are your rights on the basis of your product warranty claim?
You can only request repair or replacement of a defective product in your product warranty claim.
When does a product qualify as defective?
A product is defective if it does not meet the quality requirements in effect at the time of placing it on the market, or if it does not have the properties included in the manufacturer’s description.
What is the deadline for enforcing your claim for product warranty?
You can enforce your product warranty claim within two years from the placing of the product on the market by the manufacturer. After this time, your warranty will expire.
Against whom, and under what other conditions, can you enforce your claim for product warranty?
You can enforce your claim for product warranty exclusively against the manufacturer or distributor of the product. When enforcing your product warranty claim, you need to prove the defectiveness of the product.
In what cases is the manufacturer (distributor) exempt from their product warranty obligation?
Manufacturer (distributor) is exempt from their product warranty obligation only if they can prove the following:
– the product was not manufactured or placed on the market as part of their business activity, or
– the defect was not identifiable with the up-to-date technology at the time of placing the product on the market, or
– the defect of the product is a result of adhering to a law or a requirement by an authority.
The manufacturer (distributor) is required to prove only one of the reasons.
Please note that you cannot enforce your claim for implied and product warranty at the same time, in parallel, regarding the same defect. However, after having enforced your product warranty claim successfully, you can enforce your implied warranty claim regarding the replaced product or the repaired part, against the manufacturer.
When can you enforce you right for guarantee?
In the case of a default, the principal is required to offer a guarantee.
What are your rights, and within what deadlines can you enforce them on the basis of the guarantee?
The cases of required guarantee regarding individual consumer goods are specified by Government Decree 151/2003 (IX.22.). Seller does not offer a guarantee for products not included in this group. Guarantee claims can be enforced only within the guarantee period. If the principal does not fulfil their guarantee obligations upon the request by obligee by the expiration of the deadline, the guarantee claim can be enforced, in front of a court, within three months from the deadline specified in the appeal, even if the guarantee period has expired by that time. Failure to meet this deadline entails the forfeiture of right. In other respects, the rules for enforcing the rights for implied warranty shall be properly applied to the enforcement of guarantee rights. The guarantee period is one year. Failure to meet this deadline entails the forfeiture of right. The guarantee period commences at the time of the handover of a consumer product to Consumer, or on the day of deployment if deployment is carried out by the business or their representative. Regarding your guarantee claims after the one year is over, please contact the manufacturer.
Mandatory cases of warranty:
1. Household appliances above a sales price of HUF 10 000, in particular refrigerators, freezers, combined refrigerators, electric cookers, washing machines, spin dryers, tumble dryers and any combination of these, dishwashers, irons, water heaters, heating, air-conditioning and other air-conditioning equipment, vacuum cleaners, steam cleaners, carpet cleaners, floor scrubbing and polishing machines, sewing machines, knitting machines, electric water heaters, pumps;
2. small electric kitchen appliances with a selling price of over HUF 10 000, in particular microwave ovens, toasters, toasters, coffee makers, coffee machines, kettles, electric kettles, robotic kitchen appliances, barbecues, fryers, waffle makers, doughnut makers, waffle makers, sandwich makers, electric pancake maker, electric pizza maker, electric rotisserie, electric frying pan, electric popcorn maker, electric contact grill, rotisserie, mini cooker, rice cooker, pasta cooker, egg cooker, food steamer, air mixer, fruit juicer;
3. gas appliances above the selling price of HUF 10 000, in particular stoves, convectors, gas boilers, gas boilers, gas barbecues, gas stoves, gas fires, gas burners, gas lamps;
4. motorised garden machinery and non-motorised gardening tools above a selling price of HUF 10 000, in particular hoeing machines, lawn mowers, lawn trimmers, push mowers;
5. motorised hand tools above a selling price of HUF 10 000, in particular chainsaws, drills, impact drills, angle grinders, circular saws, planers;
6. medical aids and appliances with an expiry date of at least one year, and sunglasses over a sales price of HUF 10 000;
7. health care products and devices above the sales price of 10 000 HUF, in particular electric massagers, magnetic products, light therapy devices;
8. means of transport above a selling price of HUF 10 000, in particular bicycles, electric bicycles, electric scooters, quad bikes, motorcycles, motor-assisted bicycles, cars, caravans, motor caravans, caravans with trailers, trailers;
9. motorised watercraft above a selling price of HUF 10 000;
10. childcare articles above the selling price of HUF 10 000, in particular changing and washing stands, pushchairs, high chairs, high chairs, high chairs and high chairs with table mounts, safety seats;
11. child monitoring devices above a selling price of 10 000 HUF, in particular respiratory monitors, heart monitors, baby monitors;
12. children's swings, slides and similar toys requiring similar activities for indoor and outdoor use in the home above a selling price of HUF 10 000;
13. lighting products above a selling price of HUF 10 000, in particular luminaires and light sources;
14. security alarms and signalling devices above a selling price of HUF 10 000;
15. electronic communications terminal equipment above a selling price of HUF 10 000, in particular telephones, mobile telephones, fax machines, multifunctional equipment;
16. Telecommunications equipment, in particular answering machines and hands-free kits, above a selling price of HUF 10 000; satellite and AM Micro antenna systems and parts thereof, television sets, projectors, video recorders, radios, car radios, radio alarm clocks, satellite positioning devices, record players, tape and cassette recorders, CD recorders and players, DVD recorders and players, game consoles, Blu-ray players and recorders, desktop media players, personal sound system, mixing table, amplifier, loudspeaker, loudspeaker, microphone and earphones, headphones;
17. information technology equipment above a selling price of HUF 10 000, in particular desktop computers, laptops, notebooks, tablets, PDAs, monitors, printers, scanners, cameras, film and sound recording cameras, video cameras and camcorders, voice recorders, photo printers, film and slide scanners, MP3 and MP4 players, portable media players, USB sticks, memory cards, battery chargers, calculators, pocket calculators;
18. office equipment above the selling price of HUF 10 000, in particular shredders, photocopiers, laminators;
19. overhead projectors and cinematographic equipment above a selling price of HUF 10 000, in particular film projectors, overhead projectors, film enlargers, film projectors and film processors;
20. optical instruments above the selling price of 10 000 Ft, in particular binoculars, binoculars, microscopes, telescopes;
21. musical instruments over 10 000 HUF selling price;
22. watches and jewellery above the selling price of 10 000 Ft;
23. indoor and outdoor furniture, reclining mattresses above the selling price of 10 000 HUF;
24. measuring instruments, generators, power supplies above the selling price of 10 000 Ft;
25. firearms above the selling price of 10 000 Ft;
26. sports equipment, hunting and fishing equipment above a selling price of HUF 10 000;
27. beauty appliances powered by electricity above a selling price of HUF 10 000, in particular hairdryers, hair stylers, body hair clippers, epilators and electric shavers;
28. fur clothing products made of fine and semi-precious furskins above a sales price of HUF 50 000;
29. accessories and components of products belonging to the product groups listed above, with a selling price of more than HUF 10 000."
When is Seller exempt from their guarantee obligations?
Seller shall only be exempt from their liability undertaken in the guarantee if they prove that the reason of the defect arose after the performance.
Please note that you cannot enforce an implied warranty claim and a guarantee claim, or a product warranty claim and a guarantee claim regarding the same defect simultaneously and in parallel with each-other, otherwise your guarantee rights are granted independently from your rights for warranty.